Monday, July 14, 2008

Rovagug 1, 4708 - Attack on Sandpoint

Rovagug 1, 4708 – What a day I’m sure the humans never had a day of the swallow festival like today. I did as my uncle told me to get there early. I did and was able to get right up front to the stage. It was fun talking to the people in attendances they where all happy and enjoying the day. They where not interested in hearing the words of Torag today. The time came when the high priest open the ceremony. The Mayor talk and I was surprised it was a lady she made some bad remark about a tanner and everyone laugh at it. It does not seem right to be laughing at someone who works hard. I still need to learn more about these humans. Then the Sheriff of Sandpoint got up and talked about everyone not drinking too much and if they do they would be thrown in jail. Just after he stepped down and the high priest was going to speaking again came some strange noise off to my right. I thought at first it was part of the festival but no one was cheering and everything got quiet expect for that noise then they started to speak in the human tongue and it was about killing the towns folk. Not sure if this was part of the festival or not I waited to see what happen next.

I did not have to wait long the creatures that looked like they where zombies but they moved to fast it seemed. An elf next to me started shooting arrows at them with his bow and got a couple right away. Then the creatures hit the crowd killing the town folk. I shot off a Lance of Faith dropping one where he stood. The Sheriff and one of his men, I found out later his name was Lyk and is the nephew of the sheriff, charged into the creatures. I next thought about seeing if they where undead or not but it seem better to try and kill another one as Lyk and the Sheriff where being surrounded, so I did. The battle at one point did not look good. Lyk was getting hit by these creatures and I did my healing word on him or else I felt he would of fell that day. The human high priest was helping the sheriff and Lyk stay alive, too. Lyk was taking two out at a time while the Sheriff seemed to be over whelmed. But, in a few moments they broke ranks and was able to kill the leader who laughed at us saying they only where to keep us busy from the primary objective as he died. After finishing off the rest of the goblins the group left thinking they are attacking the bridges. We ran off to see what was happening at the bridges but all was quiet. The cloak man, whom I found out was Andrian, who helped in the attack foolishly and almost seem to get himself killed noticed that a grave had been opened. We went to the grave site.

At the grave the body was removed and was now empty. The grave disturb belong to the high priest of the church when it was burn down. They talk about is daughter and one of the goblins that attacked was capture and ask why. He told us they where slaves used for the attack so they knew little but did mention of some evil lady with a bad hand was behind it. Rumors began to be told and ask about this evil lady. The Mayor thanked seven of us for saving Sandpoint. The Elf archer Carufinwe, Riley a halfing, never saw him in the battle, Lyk the Sheriff nephew, the Sheriff of Sandpoint, the high priest of Sandpoint, Andrian the foolish fighter and myself. The mayor gave us each 100gp credit to the town merchants.

Lyk, Riley, Carufinwe, Andrian and I went to the merchant where we bought supplies. I decided it was time I had some armor and since they had no dwarven warhammers I went with a human maul. It felt light and had a nice swing to it. It was fun swing my new maul and going thru my other spoils from the victory.
Once again it did not last long as a woman came running out of her house screaming caring a boy who was bleeding. I was only able to stop the bleeding which saved his life while Riley and Andrian ran into the house to see what attacked the boy. When I got into the room I found the dead father and that both Riley and Andrian had jumped into a hole in the floor of the room. It was very close quarters and Andrian had taken some damage again. I was able to heal him so we could continue fighting the goblin, which he soon finished off. It sadden me that I could not help the father he had already pass on. We found out that the boy has been claiming a monster was in his room. After checking under the house the goblin had been here for quite a few months. We found a loose stone on the side of the house how he got in. He must have been a spy getting information for the attack and sense it was over he decide to eat the boy. What is going on with these golbins?

We met an Aldern Foxglove who invited us to breakfast tomorrow morning and about going on a boar hunt with him. He just wanted to thank us for saving his life and many of the town folks, too. My uncle only had minor dealing with him. Saying he is rich and I should go to see what he will give us. So, I’m planning to attend the breakfast.

No comments: