Neth 26, 4708 – Another night of rioting and another day the Hell Knight bring order to the city with more killings. I prayed most of the day asking Torag for forgiveness, strength and wisdom. Riley was study those evil books and I was glad that some of them where destroyed in the fire at Andrian grandmother house. Andrian and Carufinwe went out to see what going on and if they could pick up some more information. Andrian hear rumors of people missing and decided to watch the “All the World’s Meats”. After a time of hiding out he noticed a leg sticking out of a tarp as the Cowhammer Boys brought in a body into the house of “All the World’s Meat”. Andrian came back and told us. Riley and Carufinwe thought it was a job for the guards or Hell Knights. This just made me upset that they would pass this to people as good pork. This is wrong even though people may go hungry because we will close the place down. So, Andrian, Toka and my self waited until after sunset to go to the house of All the World’s Meats for a visit.
When we got there Andrian check the building out and noticed that the Cowhammer Boys had gone home and only the four guardsmen were left. We broke in on them and I told them to stop what they are doing and surrender to us for this vile crime they are doing. Andrian was glad that they said they would rather die fighting us then go to the hangman rope. Andrian was able to throw his dagger at the closest one before they charged us and they could only get two on us because we did not enter the room so the other two went to get behind us. I was able to kill the one Andrian hit leaving us with only three to fight now. Andrian always does the strangest things but it worked. He left the safety of the door and entered the room to attack one from behind that was going to try and get behind us. He was able to hurt him but they then turn on him and get a hit on Andrian. Toka and I fought with the one at the door hurting him when one of them shouted to get the one mask for he is the leader. Andrian and I got hit on that attack still leaving three to attack us and they looked like they where going to take Andrian down. But once again Andrian quickness seemed to make them miss or not get hurt as bad as he should with those spears. Toka and I were able to kill the other guardsman at the door and I was able to heal Andrian with my healing strike on that attack. Now it was even and not looking good for the guardsman and I ask again for them to surrender and they said no. Andrian killed the third and the last one wanted to kill Andrian but he ganged up on him instead killing the last one before he could hurt anyone again.
As we looked around the room we could see the horror of their evil work. Butchering the body just like they are the animals we would eat. It is sad when people act like animals themselves. Andrian wanted to search the place out but I wanted to burn the place down we did not communicate our thoughts to each other. I should of know that Andrian wanted treasure but I just wanted to destroy this place so it could never be used or the meat already made would be destroyed. Without thinking that it could burn more than this place Torag was looking out for me as it started to rain. I do not believe Andrian found anything but the two dire boars which were burned up with the rest of the place. The rain kept the fire from spreading and only this building was burned to the ground.
We told the Cowhammer boys we will be watching them and do not want to hear any more missing person reports or we will be coming for them next. This place is closed and you do not even have the dire boars to get rid of the bones and parts of the body you do not use. Then we went back to Field Marshall Cressida Kroft and told her what we found out and what he did. She just said that was fine and I will contact you when I need you.
Neth 27, 4708 – Andrian and I came back to tell the others what we did and took a nap. When we got up we talk about some of the others things Andrian and Carufinwe heard. We also got talking about Xanesha and her Doppelganger. Carufinwe was able to tell us a little more about doppelganger being able to look like anyone they have seen. By what we have pick up we decided that one or two doppelganger are following us around to keep Xanesha informed of what we are doing. We decided to see if we could get the doppelganger to follow us outside the city where maybe we could attack and kill them. Andrian wanted to tell Field Marshall Cressida Kroft our plan and I agree. It sounded crazy when Andrian told her and I do not think we should of told her. We got her permission to leave the city. Before the gates closed for the night we left the city to see if we could get the doppelganger to follow us. He found a place to camp for the night.
Neth 28, 4708 - We set up an ambush for the doppelganger. A few hours later a small group of the Cowhammer Boys came up to us and ask for Andrian. Andrian did not say it was him right away until the Cowhammer Boys started to leave without giving him the message. Once Andrian said it was him the Cowhammer Boys gave him the note. It just said “nice try”. Andrian asked who gave them the note and they said a small girl who gave them a gold piece and would give them another gold piece when they delivered it. We decided to go back and not have to worry who following us because we could never truly identify a doppelganger if they changed their face. The cloths would be our only piece but most comers wear the same type of cloths.
EPILOGUE
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment