Friday, January 8, 2010

Find out about the Crown of Fangs

Pharast 2nd, 4709 – We are on our way to Kaer maga. We made good time but to get to the Storval Rise he must ascend it by using a crane. We paid to be brought up to Storval Rise. As we travel thru Kaer Maga, many were looking to take our money from us. With the help of Torag I was able to keep a watchful eye and kept anyone from taking my money or things. But as we settle down for the night Rizzle finally noticed that they took his money and his bag of holding which had most of his stuff in it. Carufinwe, Agrippa and Trinia had lost money. Only Andrian and I was able to keep a watchful eye on our money.

Pharast 3rd, 4709 – We left the Kaer maga early this morning and Agrippa told us we need to push our mounts hard for the Kallow Mounds. Around noon we were attacked by a flaming creature that Agrippa knew as a Cindersnake. With Agrippa advice on how to kill it we were able to kill it quickly. I also, noticed in the attack so of the advantages I could of used the shield. I’m beginning to get Torag point. We continue to push hard to the Kallow Mounds. Just as we approach the Kallow Mounds at sunset we came across a Shoanti Barbarin who was called Krojun. Agrippa told us he eats all that he kills. Agrippa spoke for us and told Krojun that we journey to talk to Thousand Bones and we were the ones who brought back his brother bones to Thousand Bones. Krojun was not impressed and did not want us to enter in the Shoanti land. Krojun tried to challenge us to some game of strength and pain by hooking a rope to each ones ear and as you back away this cause the other to turn his head to save his own ear from being torn off. Agrippa took the challenge for the group. He impressed Krojun even though he lost to him. We meet with Thousand Bones but he would not talk about it until the tribal council meets in the morning.

Pharast 4th, 4709 – I could not sleep very well. I was still wrestling with carrying a shield and left the camp to pray to Torag alone. While I was praying to Torag about the shield a stone gargoyle with reddish strips attack me. In the attack the gargoyle was attacking one of my arms. After the battle I realized that Torag sent the Gargoyle to show me why I need to change. I recalled the chest and it was a wonder to see it appear. I wrote the note to tell my father to buy the shield and hammer he had located for me. After I have made this decision I felt Torag bless me for my decision.

We meet with the tribal council and Thousand Bones of the Skoan-Quah. Thousand Bones does not have the information we need but told us who does. We need to speak with the Sun Shaman of the Sklar-Quah. We went to see the Sun Shaman of the Sklar-Quah and ask him about the Crown of Fangs. He would not speak to us because we are outsider and he hates us. Plus Aggippa is a Skoan-Quah and the Sun Shamon barely tolerate him for this we are unworthy to have this information. Agrippa asked if one of us took the challenge of being “born again”, which means we are eaten by a great greyworm Cindermaw and are able to pass through the great worm alive. If we did this then we would be worthy. The Sun Shaman told us if one of us was able to be “born again” he would give us the information we ask for. We would have to prove this by gaining the services of a Truthspeaker. The only Truthspeaker among the Shoanti is an old man of the Lyrune-Quah tribe. The Lyrune-Quah are xenophobic and the only way to gain their trust is to have a worshipper of Desna among our group. So we need to take a pilgrimage to the Acropolis of the Thrallkeepers and take the holy Spherewalker’s Mark on the left hand. The Lyrune-Quah are unique among the Shoanti in that they actually worship a god of the civilized land. After we talked about how we would cross the Cinderland Rizzle said he could call up phantom steeds for us to ride and they would be faster than horses. But, he could only do it for one day. That is when I spoke up about the chest that I could write a note to my father to get the ritual components. So, it was agreed we would ride our horses to the Skoan Quah and I could call the chest which by then should contain the ritual components Rizzle needs to call up the phantom steeds.

1 comment:

DM1979 said...

Well done you described the chain quest well. But I have to let you know that I noticed that the months on my blog were messed up. Apparently my notebook pages got out of order. PLEASE CHANGE THE MONTHS THAT SAY "DESNA" TO "PHARAST".