Wednesday, October 13, 2010

To the Sunken Queen in the Marshfen Swamp

Gozran 30th, 4709 – We went out to gather supplies for our journey and to book passage on a ship going towards the Marshfen Swamp. We set off in early afternoon. I work on the new ritual with Rizzle we found by putting them in my ritual book.

Desnus 1st, 4709 – I continue to work on the new ritual with Rizzle to be ready to use them if need arises. We should make the Marshfen Swamp tomorrow.

Desnus 2nd, 4709 – We have arrived at the base of the Marshfen Swamp and Rizzle summoned the phantom steed to ride across the marsh to the Sunken Queen. We used the map Yara drew us and hoping it would lead us to the Queen. We should know tomorrow.

Desnus 3rd, 4709 – We continue on and was getting close to the Sunken Queen and in the afternoon we were confronted by a small group of Boggard Frogmen telling us to turn back. We talk to them for a few minutes and learn the Queen and her son did enter the Sunken Queen. Andrian had asked about fighting their God and they were glad to see if we would be worthy or not. But, when he decline is when the battle ensued.

It did not take long as Ducw who dismounted and ran to the frogman taking out the first one he came too. Andrian held back first but after I and Laori came up he did. It did not take long with Ducw just going after them. With only a couple left they decided to run away from us.

We traveled a few hours more and finally arrived at the Sunken Queen monument. We came upon another group of Boggard Frogmen worshipping the monument as if it has significance to them. Andrian wanted to attack them as they worship but I could not allow even an enemy to be butcher. So, I called to them to run. They stopped what they were doing and the leader told us to die. This did not take long again as Ducw went right to them. We were able to take out a few in the first round along with the leader of the Boggard Frogmen. They then surround Ducw thinking they will take one of us as we mopped up the loner. Ducw was able to get out with out getting hurt and one more round they ran with one not making it to the water. We were able to take him down without killing him. Shaleu and I bind his wounds and tied him up. I had the thought maybe we could talk to him and cast comprehend languages. It worked only part way I could understand him but he could still not understand me. I stopped the others from hurting him further and I let him go because he could not help us, plus the others who escaped would of sound an alarm anyway. I then ask for a few more minutes to cast my hand of fate ritual to see if there was another way into the sunken queen without going underwater. It work, saying yes and show us the general direction. I also ask if queen Ileosa was inside and it said yes. Andrian climb up the sunken queen to look for the entrance in and he found it. We all climb up and went into the sunken queen. We went through a small room this seemed like a place to cast the water breathing ritual which Rizzle cast on the group in case we would need it. This room lead us into a hallway because the building was sinking part of this floor was going under water and the other was dry. So, we took the dry path first. This led us to a small group of frogman who were surprised and since I still understood their language understood they were surprise at us coming from behind them. They never expected anyone coming this way because they only thought the way up was the direction we were headed. After killing the three frogmen we back to the water. Andrian said he would check out the way first and entered the water and disappeared. While we waited I thought we should hide the frogmen we killed. I took Ducw and Shaleu back with me to put the bodies in the small room were we enter the building. We saw nothing else and return before Andrian got back. When Andrian did return he told us he found the way up and four erinies blocking the way.

We had to swim only a little way then work our way up into the room to a shaft leading up. This led us to a hallway were we listen and it sound to us they are arguing. Rizzle wanted me to cast the comprehend languages ritual but I said it would take to long while we talk about it Andrian step out and spoke to them. He told them that he had destroyed their contact with the queen and they told us they already knew. He then told them we only wanted to stop the queen. He got into a parlay with them and ended up giving them Yara tower to them in exchange if they would help us defeat the queen. They wanted to kill her also. But, told us she would be to hard to defeat her by themselves. They agreed and had Andrian sign a contact in blood with them which he did for their assistance in exchange for Yara tower.

The erinies flew us up to where the queen was with Ducw going first to attack the queen (he got lucky or the sword knew where she was because she was invisible). I went second to rescue the baby which I did. Then Andrian and Rizzle came up next causing more damage to the queen. Queen Ileosa was in the process of summoning Krosvin when we arrived. The four artifacts were floating with all of Korvosa blood swirling around in the air making out the outline of the mighty dragon. Once the battle had start three of the erinies and I was suppose to go back down. I was going to give the baby prince to Shaleu to keep safe with Loari, Sabina and I returning. With the sword of Serithiel Ducw was able to destroy the crown of fangs in the first hit. Andrian and Rizzle were able to hit her with Rizzle knocking her out of the blood ball. She attacked Andrian with minimal damage. The next attack from Ducw killed Queen Ileosa. So, the second part of the plan was never needed. Once the Queen was killed the summoning of the dragon was stopped. We pick up the four artifacts and put them in Rizzle bag of holding. Taking a few of Korvosa treasures back to the city along with the baby prince.

Desnus 4th, 4709 – As we were head back Andrian noticed that Loari seemed disappointed on how things work out. We should of realized since she was a servant of Krosvin god that she would want to see the return of Krosvin. She wanted to see Krosvin return and the queen death. She told us once out of the swamp she was going to leave us her quest is over. I was glad she did not go up with us at the beginning and Torag was with us to destroy the queen before Loari could help the queen summon Krosvin.

Desnus 5th, 4709 – When we got out of the swamp and back to the ship Loari said her goodbyes and left the party. The ship was going to leave in the morning. I spent the rest of the night praying to Torag. Shaleu enjoyed the baby prince and found treats for the bady as we traveled thru the swamp.

Desnus 6th, 4709 - We set off back to Korvosa in the morning. I spent the time praying and working on my skills as a Battle Chaplin. Shaleu was enjoying the time with the bady prince.

Desnus 7th, 4709 – Any other day at sea the captain told us we are making good time and should be in Korvosa tomorrow morning. Gave me time to relax and pray.

No comments: